On 6 February 2023 the Just Transition Platform (JTP) launched a call for applications for a new and targeted technical assistance called JTP GROUNDWORK. It will support eligible Just Transition Fund (JTF) regions in implementing their Territorial Just Transition Plans (TJTP).
As the implementation phase of the EU Just Transition Fund starts, the European Commission is rolling out new supports during 2023 which include technical assistance on the ground, knowledge products and case studies, an expert database and a peer-to-peer exchange programme for practitioners. This will enable eligible territories to effectively implement their Just Transition Territorial Plans.
JTP GROUNDWORK – a co-creative technical assistance facility
The European Commission will provide eligible regions with tailored capacity-building and advisory support. Examples of potential services are:
- Project identification and development
- Capacity building for regional and local administrations and other key stakeholders
- Support for transparent, inclusive, and efficient governance mechanisms for TJTP implementation
- Stakeholder engagement and mobilisation
- Awareness-raising campaigns and communication strategies
- Support to engage in cross-border cooperation with other JTF regions
A core principle of this service is co-creating solutions with recipients to increase ownership and develop long-term capacity. Once selected by the Commission, beneficiaries will jointly develop the scope and type of technical assistance services. Support will be delivered through a mix of face-to-face and online meetings, workshops etc. A specific event will be organised per selected applicant.
All call for application details can be found on the Commission’s website.
DEADLINE for applications: 28 February 2023 at 23:00 CET.