Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
The European Commission wishes to encourage journalism students and young journalists to learn about Regional Policy and to communicate on European solidarity and concrete projects co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund (CF). The specific objectives include:
- Providing the framework and conditions for young and future journalists to specialize in EU Regional Policy
- Fostering young journalistic productions to promote knowledge of EU-funded projects (ERDF and CF)
- Promoting innovative means of covering the European Week of Regions and Cities
- Enhancing the links between European institutions and young Europeans
The call for applications is open to any person that fulfils all of the following conditions:
- Is a citizen of an EU Member State or an EU neighbouring country
- Is between 18 and 30 years old
- Demonstrates a real interest in journalism through studies and/or work experience
- Has not participated in previous editions of the Youth4Regions Programme
Only individual applications are accepted. The applicants will be asked to prove that they fulfil the above conditions if selected to participate in the Youth4Regions Programme.
In total 33 places are available: one for each EU Member State and the United Kingdom, and five places for EU neighbouring countries. In the case where not sufficient applications of good quality are received from a Member State, the European Commission reserves the right to make that position available for another country.
In order to apply, potential participants must send a short article (2500 – 6250 characters) or a short video report (2 – 3 minutes) covering a project co-financed by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund or Cohesion Fund). The article or short video must cover one of the following topics:
- Fair Europe: Cohesion policy for a just transition to climate neutrality
- Green Europe: Cohesion policy for intermodal mobility
- Cohesion for Recovery: Overcoming the pandemic together
- Europe close to the citizens: Youth engagement.
Further information and the application form can be found here https://youth4regions.tw.events/en/registration-form.